Josh, Michelle and a Taxi

While we sleep, our brain can put together people, places and events in ways that would never happen in real life.

I had a dream the other night in which co-worker Josh and I were verbally fighting about a schedule conflict and who had the right to use a particular room. In real life, we never argue. We have similar jobs and work well together. We have fun, spirited debates about everything from music to religion to the environment to technology, but we never get angry with each other.

In dreams I have travelled to Italy, driven off a bridge, made out with Michelle Pfieffer; in real life, I’ve done of that.

Do you ever wake up from a dream with a problem solved or a project mentally completed? I woke up at 5am Sunday morning with yesterday’s entire “I Knew This Guy” post composed in my head. Another time I dreamed a complete radio commercial (I write them for a living – it’s kinda creepy to know that my brain is at work when I am not).

Do you dream in color? Do you remember dreams when you wake up? Do you remember dreams years later? I remember a dream from when I was five years old. I was in the back seat of a bright yellow Plymouth taxi and an angel was driving.

A few months ago I had a dream in which I was trying to fight off an intruder by screaming at him. My wife woke me up because I really was screaming.

Dreams are weird.

Comments

Linda V. said…
Hi Bernie,
I like the new blog. Yes, I do dream in color, I do remember dreams now, and from the past. I even have recurring dreams. If you ever want to know what your dreams mean, write them in an email, and I can interpret/analyze them for you. I've been doing it for more years than Ive known you. Did I ever tell you about the dream where I woke up sitting up in bed because I was dreaming I was at work, checking in a guest, and felt bad because I left him standing there? That was freaky!
Have a great day!