Road Trip Randomness – Last Day

- Sweet potato fries – yummy!

- Passive aggressive drivers who creep along in the left lane when the right lane is clear, apparently trying to prove some misguided point, can be found in many states, not just in the DC area.

- Hanging with new friends, old friends, my cousins and my sister – all great people. I am the luckiest guy on the planet.

- Except for a couple of stops at McDonalds and Cracker Barrel, every meal I ate out was at a non-franchise restaurant.

- Started my trip in the mountains of western North Carolina and decided at the last minute to end it there too. A perfect end – driving out of Asheville east into the dawn, bluegrass music on the local public radio station, no traffic. Smokey fog in the valley to the right, verdant mountains left and ahead. I didn’t want to leave… that’s the sign of a good vacation!

Comments