Alone At the Beach

The most crowded, raucous place in Maryland in July is the most quiet, desolate spot in the fall. Ocean City oozes solitude in late October and that is why I’m here for a couple of days this week.



I’m here alone, away from home, away from work, away from stress … just me, my camera, my laptop and my thoughts. I was hoping for sunshine but I’m not disappointed by the clouds and rain; they match my mood. Mist, humidity and an empty beach are inspirational for photography and poetry. I’ll engage in plenty of the former and some of the latter.



My hotel room is an ‘efficiency’ with a balcony overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. These were my exact requirements and this particular place had a half-price sale on the already low-priced room rate. It has a stove and a microwave, which I probably won’t use, and a refrigerator, which I am already using to chill a bottle of Pinot Grigio.



More later. Cheers!

Comments