I CAN Go For That

I saw Hall and Oates a few nights ago. Yes, they are still around and in my opinion, better than ever.

They played at the 930 Club in Washington DC, a warehouse-looking place more known for alternative and rap acts. The place was packed (1000 people? – not sure – maybe more). They could play a lot of music but they played their crowd-pleasing hits. Some of the arrangements are updated. The band is tight!!!!



And Daryl Hall and John Oates seem to be everywhere these days … maybe because they’re promoting a box set CD collection. This morning I saw them on A&E’s Private Sessions. A new version of their song Sara Smile is climbing the country music charts thanks to singer Jimmy Wayne; Daryl and John back him up on the recording and John sang it with him live on stage in Baltimore on Thursday.



Daryl Hall has an interesting project online called Live at Daryl’s House, featuring performances and conversations with various musicians from various genres, including Smokey Robinson, Todd Rungren, Plain White Ts and K T Tunstall.

Here is a live performance of my favorite H&O song:





The horrible cell phone shot I took:

Comments