Random Quotes About Disparate Topics
I was thinking about two usually unrelated things today … friendship and stress. I am not connecting these topics; I just happened to be thinking about both. Here are a few interesting quotes about each, starting with stress:
- Stress is when you wake up screaming and you realize you haven’t fallen asleep yet.
- “Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it.”
- "It's choice - not chance - that determines your destiny."
- “If you ask what is the single most important key to longevity, I would have to say it is avoiding worry, stress and tension. And if you don’t ask me, I’d still have to say it.”
- "When you have to make a choice and don’t make it, that in itself is a choice."
- A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future and accepts you just the way you are.
- A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.
- Friends are like bras: close to your heart and there for support.
- Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out but to see who cares enough to break them down.
- True friends are the ones who never leave your heart, even if they leave your life for awhile. Even after years apart, you pick up with them right where you left off, and even if they die they’re never dead in your heart.
- A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.