Totally Random 3.1

• Slow Traffic Keep Right is law on the Interstate Highways in some states but merely a strong suggestion here in Maryland. One week eighteen months ago I noticed that I regularly encountered slow-pokes in the left lane when the right lane was open so I decided to keep track of how often that happened. As of tonight, the total number of nights in a row in which that occurred since August, 2008 … ALL OF THEM.

• Winter Solstice was just over nine days ago; the days are getting longer! Woohoo, break out the shorts, tank tops and flip flops.

• I will be up at midnight at the end of December 31st to bring in the New Year as I have every year since high school. I have a deep-rooted fear that if I don’t do this, the new year might not start and we’d be stuck with the old one for twelve more months. I can’t let that happen.

• I have some pretty remarkable friends. Sadly, I will not be ringing in the new year with any of them face-to-face. But I’ll be with each of them in spirit and with some of them in text messages.

• When I think about specific years that proved to be transitional years for me, several instantly come to mind. 1981, 1984, 1986, 1996 and 2000 are at the top of the list. 2010 will eclipse them all, for both good and bad reasons. Bring it!

Comments