Observationus Randomus

Interesting observation made by a friend on Facebook: YouTube is turning 5 years old. The impact upon our culture is profound. Now millions of people are instantly able to view cats playing the piano.

Speaking of birthdays, Pac Man is now 30 years old.

Speaking of Pac Man, Brad Paisley mentions it in his recent hit song “Welcome To the Future”:

When I was ten years old I remember thinking how cool it would be
When we were going on an eight-hour drive if I could just watch TV.
And I’d have given anything to have my own Pac Man game at home;
I used to have to get a ride down to the arcade; now I’ve got it on my phone.

While I was in a crowd walking through a giant cargo plane at the recent Joint Services Air Show at Andrews Air Force Base, I heard a pre-teen kid trying to tell her Mom how she felt about the show: “It’s superly awesomely awesome.”

I’m convinced that 90 percent of the time I hear someone use the word “less” they should be using “fewer.” I even hear it in commercials now. “There,” “their” and “they’re” are also often used interchangeably and incorrectly. Same with “hear” and “here.”

"Friend" and "text" used to be nouns. Now they are also verbs. “I’ll text you when I get home.” “You can friend me on Facebook.”

Comments