Feeling Lucky This Weekend

This weekend has been good for my favorite sports teams, so far. Here is the run down:

Maryland beat Virginia in Charlottesville 42-23. I am loyal to this team because I’m an online student at Maryland, unless they’re suspended me because I haven’t signed up for a class in two years.

LSU shut out ULM (Univ. of Louisiana-Monroe) 51-0. And it was LSU’s homecoming game in Baton Rouge. I have cousins and friends there who are probably still cheering this morning.

UA (Arkansas) demolished UTEP (Univ. Texas-El Paso) 58-21 in Fayetteville. I follow Maryland, LSU and Arkansas for various reasons and always want them to win … except on Nov. 28th, when Arkansas will lose to LSU. I think a bet is in the making on that one. I won the bet last year but still haven’t received the payoff. Hmmm.


One of eight touchdowns in the Arkansas game yesterday


Saints are off this week.

Redskins play the Eagles tomorrow night.

NASCAR – The race in Phoenix today is the 2nd-to-last race of the season. Jimmie Johnson, my favorite driver, holds the record of 4 consecutive championship wins. Can he break his own record this year? I say yes, although he is in 2nd place right now. He’s been in this position before. Time will tell.

Comments