Totally Random 4.5

When do you think “ginormous’ will make it into the dictionary? Maybe it already has.

Every man should learn how to do this: Prepare slowly, taking time to handle all the parts just right. When everything is ready, then it’s time to turn on the heat for several minutes, blending all the ingredients. With a mix of skill and good luck everything finishes at the same time. Then relax for awhile and savor the results. Much satisfaction is to be had cooking omelets.

My three favorite TV shows from the 1980s and 90s are Hill Street Blues, Homicide: Life on the Streets and NYPD Blue. Where are they now? Even constant rerun channels like A&E and USA Network don’t have them.

My cable channels include England’s BBC News, which I thought I was watching one recent morning because the lead story was about the Royal Engagement. But it was a local TV station and that story was on before the one about the arrest of a local county Executive and his wife on corruption charges. I don’t get it.



Tiger Woods has lost most of his advertising deals because clients believe he no longer has the sincerity to make his endorsements believable. I bet the Trojan brand would be interested.

Two different people told me recently that I look 45 or 46. I’m OK with that. Really.

Jimi Hendrix would have been 68 this week. How’s that for some perspective?

Comments