- I’m only buying presents for 3 or 4 people this year. Something must be wrong with me.
- I have gone to absolutely no holiday parties so far. I skipped my company’s ‘during the business day’ party this week because I have too much to do before leaving for my Christmas vacay.
- I am actually going to a small party during my road trip, one in which I know exactly one person. I do like my co-workers but this party of strangers will probably be more interesting than my office party would have been.
- Family socializing is on my agenda this holiday season for the first time in years. Looking forward to it.
- Still waiting for the usual holiday depression to kick in. So far it hasn’t. I’m happy about that. Maybe this is the year for ‘depression lite,’ where I’ll shed a tear or two while watching “It’s A Wonderful Life” but will be smiling the rest of the time.
- I do like several Christmas songs but so far I haven’t allowed myself to listen to more than two in a row. Maybe I’ll listen to one of the XM holiday channels on my road trip.
- The road trip will be awesome, weather permitting. I haven’t taken a December road trip since the 1980s. One leg of my trip does involves mountains but the rest is through the flat Deep South, where I hope it will be warmer than it is here at home.
OK, that’s all for now. I’ll blog more from the road if not sooner.