Karma Balance

You've read about the recent death of a family friend because of cancer. Things like that are always sad, partly because they bring up a complex balance of faith-shaking questions and learning opportunities.

Somewhere in the cosmic karma of the universe, however, news of a cancer-related death can sometimes be balanced by news of survival. A co-worker gave me a 15-second version of that news as we passed each other in the hallway today. She had breast cancer a few years ago, survived it, then had to deal with a relapse. I knew she was back at work but I haven't seen her much in the past few months. During our quick conversation today she told the whole story in a way she knew I'd understand, using only three words: "I'm all clear."

That bit of karma balance made my whole day. And I think it is a learning op too.

Comments