Totally Random 5.5

The N.O. Jazzfest starts this weekend. I am not there but some of my local Maryland friends will be and I’m sure some of my New Orleans friends and family will also. I will find a way to be there next year.

A picture is worth a thousand words. How many curse words are in this shot from this afternoon?

Back to Jazzfest for a second … here are some of the performers we’re missing this year: Local legends (Neville Brothers, Dr. John, Allen Toussaint, Irma Thomas, Trombone Shorty), unexpected from other genres ( Bon Jovi, Jimmy Buffett, Arcade Fire, John Mellencamp, Robert Plant, John Legend, Jason Mraz, Maze, Fantasia, , Better Than Ezra, Kid Rock), blues artists and some from other genres who now play blues (Jeff Beck, Cyndi Lauper, Gregg Allman Blues Band), jazz artists (Sonny Rollins) and unique hard-to-define artists (Decemberists, Robert Randolph, Lucinda Williams). I know I could write a whole post about this; maybe later.

I’ve got some personal crap I’d like to share with you but I can’t. Let me just say that every time I think I’ve reached the valley and the climb out has begun, I sink a little deeper. I see the path up but there is still plenty of mud on it. Hand me that shop vac, will ya? Maybe a shovel too – pretty deep in here.

I have several great friends, but all of them live more than 50 miles away, some are several hundred, even thousand miles away. But I am grateful I have them.

One of those friends, by the way, lives near London. I will email her tonight to see if she is interested in the Royal Wedding. Bet she is. Two female friends who live much closer (LS and JC) are interested in the wedding. My guy friends don’t particularly care. I’m with them on this one.

Pretty good weather here this week, with highs in the 70s and low 80s. Those horrible storms in Texas, Arkansas, Kentucky, etc. seem to skip just north or just south of me. Wonder how long that luck holds out.

Enough for tonight. Thanks for visiting.

Comments