A Random ‘Live For Today and Be Unique’ Quote

Jack Kerouac was a famous writer who in many ways chronicled the generation just ahead of mine. I am not all that familiar with his writing, but I saw this on Facebook recently and the sentiment and attitude are very appealing to me. And the irony is this: the FB friend who posted it is 25 years old; the quote is older.

they danced down the street like dingledodies, and I shambled after as I've been doing all my life after people who interest me, because the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "awww!"
- kerouac

I want to be one of those people  How do I do that?  Suggestions?  I have the potential for it, as we all do, but I tend to be subtle.  I should be more obviously about my passions, shouldn't I?  Food for thought.

Comments