Totally Random 6.0

Nothing very exciting tonight; just a few random observations.

Work out – I’m back down to my second-lowest weight since starting my fitness plan two years ago. It is still a struggle to get to the next level but I’m happy to report that the exercise part of the plan is great. I’m regularly going to the gym three times a week and working with heavier weights. My shape is still nothing to brag about but I can see the results and that’s all I need for now.

Gas prices – My usual Sonoco station is still holding onto $3.99/gallon.

Sun in eyes – Drivers on nearly every east-west road in latitudes more than 10 or 15 degrees north or south of the equator experience a few weeks twice a year during which the sun is in their eyes. That means while looking to see if the light is green or red you risk burning your retina from looking into the sun as it looks back from behind the traffic light. That choice sucks.

National Lost Sock Day – Did you know today was National Lost Sock Day? Who comes up with this stuff? And have you seen my other brown sock?

A suit – There is no dress code in my department at work, so I usually look like an ad for Eddie Bauer or Dockers. Tomorrow I am going to a meeting, however, and will be wearing a suit. Hmm, I wonder if I have matching black socks?

Comments