Fitness Update

It’s been awhile since I updated you on my fitness plan. I have nothing else to write about tonight, so why not this?

My previous doctor told me several years ago that I needed to lose 20 to 25 pounds and I’ve been working on that ever since. My new doctor also told me to lose weight when I saw him a few months ago. I seem to have permanently lost the first ten pounds and at one time last year I was down fifteen … before the holidays … you can guess how that turned out.

Funny thing is this: even though the scale still says I’m only down ten I know it’s more significant than that because I’m two belt notches tighter and almost down a pants size. That’s progress.

Oh, and a friend noticed my biceps. Woohoo! Nobody would ever confuse me with a body builder but I know I’m in better shape than I was when I started this process.

On a slightly different but related note: the bump on my forehead that won’t heal, which I should have checked a year ago, turns out to be a form of skin cancer. Fortunately it is the most common and most curable type and I have an appointment with a surgeon soon. The most likely outcome is that he’ll scoop it all out (lovely imagery, isn’t it?) and I’ll be dealing with a bandage and eventually a scar. I will also be taking a short beach trip a few weeks after the surgery, which means I haven’t completely learned my lesson about sun exposure. What I have learned is to use sunscreen, which I already did but now I’m using a higher number and reapplying more often. And my extensive cap collection is getting quite a workout.

So, there you have it. How are things with you and fitness? That question is for both the friends who visit this blog and the total strangers. Fitness of some kind is important and if you’re my friend I will bug you about it. You’ve been warned.

Comments