Well, I’m on the road again, eating and drinking my way through the south. Here is the first round of random thoughts.
- Part of what I like there is a very awesome friend. We are just friends but feel free to use us as proof that straight men and women can actually be friends without any drama.
- Saw the David Sedaris-written one-man play called Santa Land Diaries. Awesome fun.
- Two doctors I saw last week suggested I lose weight and exercise five times a week instead of just two or three. That’s a challenge on a road trip, but so far so good. Most of my breakfasts so far have been yogurt and cereal; most other meals were salad-oriented. Wine and a couple of beers – well, this IS a vacation. But I have used hotel fitness rooms two mornings in a row and will do the same again tomorrow.
- This is my first paperless vacation. No paper reservations, no paper maps, no paper note-taking. Everything is on my iPhone. Cool and scary and the same time.
- We visited a toy store. Yes that is a propeller on that cap. No I did not buy the cap (but I thought about it).