More Road Trip Randomness

Today is the first day of winter and I'm wearing a t-shirt.  I woke up in Birmingham, Alabama, where it is 67 degrees at 8am.  Every now and then I miss living in the south.  After a week I come to my senses. 

The fitness room in this hotel actually had more stuff than just a treadmill.  Real weights.  Three mornings in a row of success in my new fitness plan. 

I'll be in New Orleans for the next few days, staying in my sister's guest room which was my room when were kids growing up in that house.  It is an interesting experience because after extensive post-Katrina renovation, the house isn't really the same as it was.  Yet in many ways it is.

I am stubborn yet flexible, cold and hot, emotional and lacking emotion, giving and taking, secure with dots of insecurity, logical yet artistic and all of that comes out during a road trip to my hometown.  Why?

I spent two and a half days in Asheville and did not take one picture with a real camera.  Kind of odd.  Being that wrapped up in conversation is something I don't get enough of.

Haven't taken any pictures in Birmingham either but that's because I only use this as a convenient stop.  And I have an interesting post-Katrina connection with the part of town I stay in.  Otherwise I don't care much about this town.  Sorry.  (not really).

Bet I take a bunch of pictures in New Orleans.  One of the most photogenic places on the planet.

Time to hit the road.  More later.  Happy Winter Solstice.  Happy Hanukkah.

Comments