NYE 2

It’s thirty minutes till 2012 here in the Eastern Standard Time zone. I am counting the minutes to the new year, a ritual I have observed for as long as I can remember. New Year’s Eve used to be a lot of fun for me and I remember many of them. Sadly, the last fun one for me was the beginning of Y2K. I had a small party and brought in the new year and century with a few select friends.

I had a pretty good year but fell short of many goals. I am very optimistic about 2012 … it will be ‘my year’ on many levels.

I just re-read my post from the end of last year in which I explained my “process” and declared my keyword for the year. Three years ago it was “play,” two years ago “simplify” and this past year was supposed to be “focus.” Funny how the process post I wrote a few days ago declared “focus” as my word for the coming year. I definitely need it and so I’ll stick with that because I did not do a very good job of it in 2011. I have, however, done well with “play” for the past few years. No regrets about that at all.

New Year’s Day is my favorite holiday, in part because it represents renewal. Out with the old, in with the new. For me, it’s out with the negative parts of the old but in with the positive learned experiences and lessons.

Thanks to my very special friends LS, PC and LVB who help me in ways that are hard to put into words. Happy New Year to them and to you, whoever you are. Thanks for visiting.

Comments