New Year Randomness

So here are a few random things floating in my head tonight:

- I’m listening to classical music right now, specifically Handel’s Concerto No. 1 in B Flat Major. It is complex, upbeat, interesting and relaxing all at the same time. It is a peaceful auditory backdrop for the visual cacophony of my cluttered home office.

- The biggest problem I face in reaching my goals is getting past procrastination. Case in point: my cluttered home office that I should have spent all day de-cluttering. I did other things instead. Maybe tomorrow.

- Photography is a passion but sometimes I take a break from it. I’m not sure why. My recent road trip provided numerous photo opportunities yet I shot only a few pictures and most with my iPhone and not my Nikon SLR. And I haven’t posted them on my photo blog or facebook yet. Procrastination again.

- Fortunately I have attacked my new fitness plan successfully. Doc said 30 minutes a day five days a week. I’m actually hitting that goal so far, including during my vacation. I’m struggling with the diet part a little, partly because of the holidays and partly because of some habits. I eat healthy but I eat too much. Portion control is key for me and at least I know this.

- I did start the food part with two pattern-breakers this weekend. I made soup and divided it into reasonable size leftovers. I also made wraps for the first time. I buy them for lunch sometimes and decided to try making my own. Success!

Comments