Number Ten

This afternoon I’m watching the pole qualifying for next week’s Daytona 500. Drivers each drive two solo laps around the track. Those qualifying times determine where they will be when the race starts next week.

Five-time points champ Jimmie Johnson is still my favorite driver but I’m considering a change in my second fave. My contenders: Carl Edwards in the 99 car, partly because a friend of mine likes him and he was almost the points champ last year; Kevin Harvick number 29, partly because another friend likes him (a friend who has occasional track access); and Danica Patrick in the 10 car, because, well, because she’s both a gear head and hot. I also like the underdog sometimes, and she will be only the third female driver to compete in the Daytona 500. Did I mention she’s hot? She is also a good driver in the open-wheel world (Indy 500, etc.) and trying to break into NASCAR. She’s been in a few races but this will be her biggest to date.

Hopefully this is the year I finally go to a race. I’ll keep you posted.

By the way, much as I like this picture, I’d be surprised if it wasn’t touched up a little, maybe a lot. Only her husband and the photographer know for sure.

Comments