Whitney

Wow, what happened? After hearing about Whitney Houston's death I read several biographies to learn about the years since I stopped paying attention to her career and life.

She was one of my favorite singers in the late 80s and early 90s. Her voice was incredible, ranging from soft to angelic to soaring. She could sing everything from inspiring ballads to dance hits to the National Anthem. Music was destined to be a major part of her life; her mom was singer Cissy Houston, she is related to Dionne Warwick and her godmother was Aretha Franklin.

She looked great ... uhh, hot even. Then she married Bobby Brown. Not for me to judge; let's just say that coincided with what I believe was the beginning of the end.

It is always sad when a famous talented person dies at a young age, but her death doesn't surprise me all that much, given the turns her life took of late.

Fortunately we will always have evidence of her remarkable talent. Here are two examples:



Comments