Blues Sooths

Blues music relaxes me. Loud blues, soft blues, rockin’ blues, soulful blues, swing blues, I love it all.

Thursday was an extremely stressful day at work and blues pouring out my speakers during my hour-long ride home smoothed out the rough edges. My travel buddies included Stevie Ray Vaughn, Albert Collins, Joe Bonamassa, Eric Clapton, Buddy Guy and Susan Tedeschi.

Blues isn’t only about sadness. Although listening to some of the sad blues songs can uplift oneself by reminding us that maybe somebody else has it worse. And some blues songs are about getting drunk, something I’d be doing right now except I’m on meds this week and I don’t want to push my luck. I don’t really like being drunk anyway, but I do like the buzz.

Anyway, here is a blues song I like by one of my favorite blues men. It’s fun and oh so true, isn’t it? Enjoy.

Comments