Where I Am

Where I was … a block-long neighborhood of acre-plus lots surrounded by farm land, inhabited by independent sorts, most empty-nesters or close to or just past retirement. Peaceful place, plenty of nature. Ears fill daily with the sounds of birds, trees, the nearby highway and occasional shotgun target practice.

Where I am … a block-wide apartment and condo complex surrounded by a suburban mix of green space and shops, inhabited by a rainbow mix of ethnicities, lifestyles and generations. Ears fill daily with the sounds of footsteps upstairs, multiple languages and the occasional siren on a busy nearby street.

Where I was … quiet, peaceful and very isolated, more perfectly suited for monthly escapes.

Where I am … measured cacophony, human connection potential, perfectly suited as home.

Where I am now is alive!

Comments