Getting Settled



I’ve been on my own now for almost four months.  It is what I’ve wanted for years but I underestimated how difficult it would be to feel truly feel settled.  But today, in its own odd way, could be a turning point.

For one thing, I worked out in a gym this afternoon for the first time since November.  I had transferred my membership from my old county to a location near work but hadn’t worked out there till today.  It felt good.  Sort of.  Should feel a little pain tomorrow, but that’s to be expected.

I treated myself to dinner at a neighborhood restaurant this evening.  As I was walking there I bumped into a former co-worker; turns out he lives in the condos next door to my apartment.  Who knew?  And two current co-workers live within walking distance of my new digs.

The meal was awesome.  This is my second visit to this restaurant and I plan to try the bar next time.  It’s a potential regular hang out for me.

Then I strolled to the grocery to pick up a couple of things.  Returned to my apartment and sipped a second glass of wine on my little patio, soaking in the vibe and enjoying the long-awaited warm weather.

Today is really the first day I have truly felt like my life is settling into what I want it to be.  Cheers.

Comments