Rudolph



More random thoughts and observations …

My nose is red like Rudolph’s.  No, I’m not drunk.  I have a very bad cold and I’ve been blowing my nose a lot for the past three days, especially today.  Rubbing the nose red.

I hate being sick.  I rarely get sick, other than one or two colds a year.  Guess this is the first one of the season.  And I am so busy at work that I have to go in.  I’ve cancelled everything else this week. 

I think I write short sentences when I’m sick.  Long is the norm when I’m well.

My Thanksgiving week was one of the best in the past twenty years and I can’t even elaborate on the subject here for privacy reasons.  Wow.

Cough, cough, sniffle, sneeze, cough, Kleenex, yuck.  Did I mention I hate being sick.

The holidays are here, specifically Hanukkah and the Christmas season.  Maybe I’ll keep my religious rant under control this year.  If you’re a regular reader you know I think it is ridiculous that so many people are afraid to say Merry Christmas.  Regardless of the commercial path this holiday has taken, it is named for Christ.  At the very minimum, he is a significant public figure.  You don’t have to believe anything else about him to recognize his influence over centuries.  Merry Christmas!  The point is not to claim Christianity is the only path, the point is to recognize other paths too.  Don’t ignore Christmas and don’t ignore the other traditions that celebrate at this time of year.  Celebrate them all and the role they play in bringing family and friends together.

I love train travel, which is why I am upset by the train crash in New York this week.  Looks like the train operator ‘zoned out’ … his words … while travelling 80 miles per hour into a curved stretch of track with a 35 mile per hour speed limit.  Four dead, dozens injured.  Operator survived.  Showed remorse but that won’t be enough.

My favorite Christmas song is playing on TV as I write this.  The Christmas Song.  Chestnuts roasting on an open fire, etc.  I’ll leave you with that.  Don’t try to change the words to Merry December 25th.

Comments