So Many Things, So Little Time

Time is not usually my friend, especially around the holidays.  There are so many obligations, so many options for work and play, work-related parties and events, friend and family gatherings.  All of it is wonderful and I am grateful to have so many options.  But it is often overwhelming.

One of many things I have learned during the four-year self-discovery journey I have blogged about is that I am happiest when I take control of my options.  This year has been one of my happiest in years and it is no coincidence that I chose the right collection of options.

I'll be a little light on details in this post, but let me say my Christmas vacation has been incredible so far and it's not even over yet.  It began last week with a visit to see a very good friend in North Carolina.  She has helped me with my journey more than I have words for and it was great to spend time updating our lives since we last saw each other back in the summer.  And I've helped her too. We have each reached some milestones in our lives during the past year and we celebrated with wine and music and laughter.

Then I returned home and have spent more days with a new local friend.  Yes, a female friend, and it has grown into quite an 'interesting' friendship.  I will keep the details mostly private for now but I will say I am surprised and happy with the situation.

The thing I did not do this year was my complete road trip home.  I have my reasons.  So I missed spending some time with another close friend.  And I missed spending time with my sister and numerous cousins.  I hope to see them in the spring.

Making choices often means picking some things over others, even though you want to do it all.  So many things to do, so little time to do them.  But all things considered, this has been a wonderful week, and like I said, it's not even done yet.

Comments