Randomaniac



I don’t seem to have time to do anything, yet I am very busy.  And while some of my activity lately has been work-related and chore-related, much has been fun.  I need to get focused.  Meanwhile, here are a few random observations I’ve been collecting.

The 50th anniversary of the Beatles first concert in the US was this month.  Fifty years?  Really?  Can it be that long ago that they first played live in this country?  The first show was right here in Washington DC at a venue that still exists, although it is some kind of decrepit warehouse now.  There is a movement locally to rehab it.

Valentine’s weekend was my best ever.  No details here, just take my word for it … best ever.

The kitchen at my office is shameful.  The refrigerator is so full that it seems like a family is living in the office.  It’s full of big stuff too, like a large container of orange juice, a carton of eggs (why? there is no stove to cook them on), a week’s supply of lunches.  Often there is not enough room for the small bag containing my lunch.

After many snow storm false alarms this winter, we actually had a major snow storm last week.  Total accumulation around my apartment was more than 16 inches.

I love that I have so many divergent interests.  This week alone: a Russian dance performance last night, a country music concert tomorrow night, wine tasting Sunday followed by watching NASCAR on television.  Last week I went to a Washington Capitals hockey game and a musical play.  Another musical is in my near future.  Oh, and I’m having a wine and cheese party in my apartment soon.  I also suffered from a bad cold during the few days that I wasn’t doing all this other stuff.  By the way I shared all of these activities with someone who has equally divergent interests.  Life is good.

On the other hand, that cold sidelined my trainer workouts.  And I have hardly practiced my guitar in the past three weeks, making my weekly lessons somewhat embarrassing.  Like I said, I need to focus.

Enough randomness for now.  Must get sleep.  Thanks for visiting.

Comments