So What Did YOU Do This Weekend?



Went to a Lady Antebellum concert, hosted a party for nine friends, had dinner and did a Fireball shot with the GF’s sons, had dinner with another couple at a local Italian restaurant, bought new running shoes, drank wine and engaged in a conversation about my hometown with the owner of my local hangout who just returned from a trip there, had fun with friends at my other hangout, bought a fedora, had pizza and beer with my GF’s brother and other relatives, listened to jazz and oldies while talking and laughing and planning a trip, went to a ‘house concert’ to see our favorite local singer/songwriter perform his original music in a setting well-suited to listening, saw Mamma Mia at National Theatre in DC, wore a green hat to another local joint and toasted St. Patrick with a couple of Jamesons on the rocks, learned how to play Greensleeves and a few new chords on my guitar, weighed in at my trainer’s and learned I was down 6 pounds since starting there, washed the winter grime off my car to prove that that gray vehicle was really a black vehicle, did my taxes and started a new business,

So What Did YOU Do This Weekend?

OK, actually the first paragraph in this post encompassed a month, but that was one hell of a month!   
My life hasn’t been this much fun consistently for years; in fact, maybe never.  I can’t even give you all the details, but I can tell you that I am more convinced than ever that visualization is magic.  Picture the life you want and your brain will find a way to make it happen.  That’s a paraphrase of somewhat simplistic advice from a Tony Robbins video, but it works.  Or it can work.  It has for me, both personally and professionally, even before I was able to articulate the concept.

This is a very exciting time in my life, measured in quantity and quality, and not everybody has the good fortune I have.  But even the simplest of activities can bring joy to your life if you let them.  A weekend filled with laughter and companionship, for example, or even just noticing something green popping out of barren brown ground after a crappy winter can bring a smile to your face.

When you get up tomorrow morning, look in the mirror and ask yourself, “So what did YOU do this weekend?”  Today is Sunday.  You still have time to find an answer.

Comments