Life Is Good and Other Random Ramblings



So I’ve been pretty busy lately, living the life I have dreamed about for years.  My blogging has taken a back seat to other activities but I am still here and I still plan to post my random ramblings here.  So here are a few observations, in no particular order:

Today is a most beautiful May day in my part of Maryland.  Blue sky, temp in the 70s, sipping java on the patio while having a random conversation with an amazing female friend.

Saw a great country music concert last night with said friend.  Do you know who the singer is if I mention some song titles?  Play It Again, That’s My Kind Of Night, Country Girl Shake It For Me, Crash My Party.

THREE hours!!  That’s how long it took to get to the concert venue last night.  Traffic around here sucks.  Fortunately I like most other aspects of life in this part of the country.

I am a world class procrastinator.  I’ll tell you more about that later.  When I get around to it.

Do you ever wonder if animals communicate like humans do?  I’m reading a Smithsonian Magazine article about a whale that seems to mimic human speech.  I also saw something recently that claims cats only meow when interacting with humans, but not when ‘talking’ with each other.

My Jazzfest poster arrived this week.  Must get it framed soon, along with the 1985 one that is still rolled up in its original tube.  See procrastination comment above.  By the way, when you walk into my apartment, you can’t help but notice that I have a connection with New Orleans.  There are eight framed prints on the walls of my living room and dining nook; six relate to New Orleans.  The other two are from Asheville, another city I am connected to.  The two additional NOLA prints will be sharing the wall space soon.

The message on the other side of the coffee cup in the picture with this post reads: Do what you like, like what you do.  That is a great way to think about life, isn’t it?  I’ll leave you with that thought today.  Thanks for visiting.

Comments