Happy New Year

January 1st is my favorite holiday.  New Year’s Day.  Symbolically it is a calendar point representing the phrase ‘out with the old, in with the new’.  We can use this day to shake off old habits and start new ones, rid ourselves of negative baggage in our lives and pack some new bags, free ourselves of self-destructive attitudes and start down a path of renewal.

Or we can eat black eyed peas for good luck and drink plenty of water and coffee to diminish the hangover from celebrating too much last night.
I use New Year’s Day to begin the annual ‘process’ I described in my previous post.  I wake up with a fresh attitude, a clear look ahead to the coming year.  Today, for the second New Year’s Day in a row, I woke up staring into a pair of beautiful brown eyes that make me smile at the possibilities of the coming year.  The year 2014 was the best year of my life and I have no doubt that 2015 will be even better.

I love life and I want to live forever.  One of the items on my ‘process’ list is to start preparing for the next phase of my life.  It is probably no accident that while writing this post, I was watching a show on the Retirement Living channel called “Growing Bolder”.  Their feature report was about a blogger who died recently at the age of 109.  She posted her last blog just three weeks before her death.  Stories like that give us all hope for creative aging.  Maybe they’ll do a story about me in a few decades.
It is cold but sunny in my part of Maryland today and I look at that as a good sign.  Here’s wishing you a very Happy New Year.  Thanks for visiting.

Comments