I’ve Got Two Words For You

Two words … Power Ball.
The 3rd largest Power Ball jackpot amount is on the line in tonight’s drawing … an estimated $500 million.  The cash lump sum payout for a single winner is around $337 million.  The odds of winning are 175 million to 1, but who’s counting?

Five hundred million dollars.
Three hundred thirty seven million dollars.

Nice numbers, right?  And the ticket is only TWO dollars.
Two questions:  Did you buy a ticket today?  What would you do if you won the jackpot?

My answers … Yes, I bought a ticket.  Actually, I bought two tickets, one for me and one for a friend.
What would I do?  I’ve actually thought about this a lot, even though the odds are against winning.  As soon as the check cleared, I’d pay down all of my debt, all of my sister’s debt and all the debt of my two closest friends.  I’d contribute money to many of my favorite charities.  Then I’d buy a car … I know, everybody says that.  Ultimately I’d buy a few properties in places I enjoy visiting, but I might stay in my current apartment development for my primary residence.  I would NOT quit my job, at least not soon.  And I’d look into starting a charitable foundation.

What would you do?  Think about it.  The drawing is only a few hours away.

Comments