Really?

Is it really May 2nd?  And I haven't blogged since March?  What happened to April?

I probably can't really catch up, although much has happened during the past six weeks.  Basically, life is good.  A few medical developments that I'll mention later and work is busier than ever, but my personal life is awesome.  More about that another time too.

It's a warm, sunny Spring day in my part of Maryland this morning.  Even though I am at work as I write this, waiting for a huge audio file to download, I am happy and at peace.  I will return home in about two hours and spend the rest of the day enjoying sunshine and music.  A friend's folk band is playing at a very cool joint in the Georgetown part of DC this afternoon, so I will head down there, check out the music, have some food and adult beverages and maybe stay in that neighborhood a little longer for a walk around the Potomac River.

Yesterday I spent the afternoon on a deck overlooking another river in Maryland, sharing food and conversation with my GF's mother, step Dad, sisters and others; an advance Mother's Day gathering.  I've known the Mother and step Dad for more than a year but this was probably the most time I've spent with them.  We provided the transportation, which meant thirty minutes each way in the car and plenty of one-on-one conversation time.  I enjoyed that.  Great perspectives. Of course, I miss my own Mom, who died ten years ago.  I don't really remember the last Mother's Day I spent with her but I do wish there were more ahead.  I will certainly be thinking about her next Sunday.

OK, the file download is done, time to work.  Many blogs begun in my head and on my computer, so drop by soon for more.  Cheers.

Comments