Time

Time is our best friend and worst enemy.  We have twenty four hours each day to get things done but sometimes that’s not enough.

Time flies.  Where does the time go?  It’s bed time; wake up time.  Time to make the donuts.  Hammer time.  Time is on our side, yes it is.  Time marches on.  Time keeps on slippin’, slippin’, slippin’ into the future.
“Lost time is never found again.”  Benjamin Franklin

“To everything there is a season, a time to every purpose under the heaven: a time to be born, a time to die, etc.”  Ecclesiastes
“Time is money.”  Benjamin Franklin
“Lost time is never found again.”  Benjamin Franklin

Wow, Ben must have had plenty of time on his hands; so many time quotes are attributed to him.
I apparently do not have time on my hands.  There is so much I want to do in life, even on a daily basis, yet I never seem to have the time to do it.  Or I just don’t make the time.  How did we (or I) get so busy?  Three years ago I cut my daily commute time in half and some days I can work from home, thus cutting my commute time to zero.  But it seems I still don’t have time to pursue two of my biggest passions, writing and photography. 

Writing?  A dear friend and fellow blogger pointed out this week that she has posted roughly twice as many times as I have this year.  Our friendly competition reminded me that I haven’t devoted much time to this passion.  Photography?  I had to search through piles of stuff in my guest room just to find my camera to take some new photographs for a neighborhood contest a few months ago.  Ironically, the one photo out of my five submissions that won something (Honorable Mention) was taken three years ago, when it seems I had more time.

I love music too and started taking guitar lessons a couple of years ago but I don’t seem to have time to practice.  The afore-mentioned guest room is so cluttered right now that it has been renamed ‘the scary room’.  I’m off work this week and actually found time yesterday to start decluttering the scary room.  I opened some boxes that had been unopened in the closet since I moved here three years ago.  Last week I unearthed a few boxes of family relics that survived the Hurricane Katrina floods, boxes that hadn’t been opened since my sister sent them to me in 2005.
 Well, I decided when I woke up this morning that I would find time to write at least one little blog essay.  Wish me luck finding time to write more.

Time’s up.  Time to end this and post it.  See ya next time.

Comments

elizinashe said…
If I could turn back time....hahaha...there's never enough time to do all that we want/need. Plus, you've had a really good excuse this year to not write so much. And you know what I'm talking about. wink, wink...