Pros and Cons

My first thoughts this morning:

‘We the people’ have spoken. Approximately 48% of voters who voted have elected the most unqualified, uninformed, narcissistic, fraudulent con artist in modern times to be President. Welcome to the end of American democracy. Get ready for the worst four years in our country's history, with the possible exception of the Civil War.

He should be going to jail for all the times he's defrauded people. My prediction is that he will be impeached at some point and will not finish his term. He doesn't really want to be President anyway.

If you're thinking about moving to Canada, forget it. We need to exercise our votes to keep that a-hole from screwing up our country any more than his campaign already has.

This morning I've seen many Facebook comments urging unity, peace and faith in our systems. If you know me, you know that's my usual mantra. But it's going to take some time for me to break from the negativity I feel right now and come back to my usual positive feeling.

On January 20th, a man who had never read the Constitution will swear to uphold it. Good luck with that.   God help us; although that might not be enough.

My later thoughts:

An acquaintance of mine posted something interesting on Facebook this morning and it immediately changed my attitude.  She said “I refuse to be afraid.”  That led me to remember that we survived the terrorist attacks of 9/11.  If we can do that, we can survive the terrorist we just elected President. 

It will be very difficult for me to change the negative feeling I have right now, but refusing to be afraid is a good start.

I hope to have faith in our American democracy.


A year of therapy and decades of reading self-help books helped transform me from a very negative, pessimistic person to a very positive optimist.  For a few hours this morning, all of that was erased.  Fortunately some calm is returning.  My anger might never go away but I refuse to give away my self-control and identity to that con man.  What goes around comes around.  For now, this is still the land of the free and I choose to continue to live MY life and not someone else’s.

Comments