Don't Call Him That

So there's a new rule in my home: don't call Trump an a-hole. Actually the 'request' is that I stop using that term and others like it. "It's done, he's the new President. You don't have to like it but you do respect the office, don't you?"

I do respect the office of President of the United States. More than that, I respect my girlfriend. I have zero respect for Trump.  I do have my priorities, however, so I have agreed to try to refrain from using the totally earned, derogatory vocabulary that includes the "a" word when referring to the orange man.

This will be quite a challenge for me. Even the worst presidents in my lifetime eventually earned my respect. I disagreed with many of their policies and actions but I rarely thought any of them were morally bankrupt. Frump has no apparent moral center. He only cares about himself.

During the campaign he said 9/11 was Bush's fault, McCain was not a hero because he got caught, Clinton and Obama invented ISIS. What a moron; a stupid, disrespectful idiot.

I don't want him to fail because he could bring down the whole country with him. I do think he will fail. At the same time I hope to be proven wrong. Currently in the battle between 'I'm wrong' and 'I told you so', the latter is winning.

Of course this is all merely my opinion. Opinions are like a$$holes, everybody has one.

Meanwhile I will try to refrain from calling our new President an a-hole, because the most wonderful woman in my world has asked me to stop. It is unlikely, however, that I will call him President.

Comments