Click Click Click


A late-morning Wednesday in October.

News
Wendy Williams talks to Joan Rivers’ daughter
Vaping made simple


I was home alone, sick, sitting on my living room sofa. Channel surfing.

Darius Rucker performing on The View
The Price Is Right.
Harry Connick trying to make us believe he can host his own show
.

I was so bored. Too feverish and weak to work from home or to exercise. Not up to writing anything more significant than these few observations.

Whiney ultra-right, arrogant talking heads on Fox.
Whiney ultra-left, arrogant talking heads on MSNBC
.

I am rarely sick, so I’m way out of my usual behavioral comfort zone when I’m so sick that I stay home. In my 40s, even 50s, I would have gone to the office, armed with DayQuil and determination, totally ignoring how that attitude is bad for my health and not thinking that I might be contagious. Now I sit here all concerned. And bored.

Days Of Our Lives
Hair growth miracle.
Ellen.


Well, that was my whole Wednesday, except for the inconclusive doctor appointment. Thursday was pretty boring too. Friday I felt great, visited the doc again, left with orders for more tests, did some work from home, took naps and did more boring channel surfing. The fever returned Saturday, so I did almost nothing again. Boring.

College football
College football
Hair restoration


Them came Sunday, the fever was gone and I was hopefully optimistic that this roller coaster health ride was almost over.

The test results finally indicated, two days later, that I had pneumonia. Doctor O prescribed antibiotics and some rest.

Yesterday, two weeks later, after cancelling some great plans with friends twice, missing a week of work, working from home most of another week, then missing an annual black tie event I look forward to, I felt pretty good. And I channel surfed again, looking for a New Orleans Saints game.

Click click click.

Comments