It Ain’t No Rehearsal


This is our life. Every day, every hour, every minute. It is not practice for later, because there might not be a later.

A car runs a red light and hits you, a burglar stabs you, lightning strikes you. Or me. Life can end in an instant.

Most of us get 75 to 95 years to live our lives, so basically there is a 20-year window during which death can occur. If we shoot for 95 but only make it to 80, what did we put off till later?

Pardon me; I’m giving myself a pep talk in this post. I do believe, in my heart, that we should try to live for today. In my head, I keep waiting. I enjoy myself, but my ‘bucket list’ keeps growing, unattended.

Balance is my favorite word and concept and I believe we should strive to find a balance between living for today and planning for tomorrow. I tend to lean pretty far to the ‘plan for tomorrow’ side. Why? Not sure.

What about you? Today? Tomorrow? A balance between both?

This isn’t a rehearsal for life, it IS life. Time to lean more in the ‘today’ direction.

Comments